Saturday 2 November 2013

Book Project.

We were given a project to create our own book based upon an art book and novel. I based mine on a photography book based on light paintings and a novel called 'The Crumple Zone.' I decided to take my own photographs to be the main part of my book. Setting my camera to a long shutter speed resulted in my own light paintings. I printed three copies of the same image, one on acetate, paper and used the cello tape effect on the last copy. This is the order I decided to put my images into the book. After the three images I incorporated images out of the photography book I based it on. To incorporate the novel I selected specific sentences/words that reflect my photographs. I then stuck these on top of the paper copies of my photos. To put the pages altogether I used a hole punch to create holes in each page then used bolts to bind it together.


 These photographs to the left are a few selected pages from my
 book. The image at the bottom of this section shows the front                                                                and back pages of my book, which are made out of cello tape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment